With December just a week away, you’re about to launch your year-end fundraising campaign to increase awareness about your critical mission and raise much-needed funds for the important work that you do. All of your hard work will come into fruition in the next coming weeks, but we’re here to help you further elevate your year-end campaign by investing in gamification. GiveSignup | RunSignup has a plethora of tools to help you bring a little more excitement into giving and fundraising this year-end and beyond.
By adding gamification elements into your fundraising initiatives, you’re enhancing your attendee event experience, incentivizing peer-to-peer fundraising, encouraging camaraderie within your community, building rapport with your biggest supporters, and generating excitement for future fundraising initiatives. Read on to learn more about how gamification can change the way you fundraise this year-end.
Incentivizes Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to Raise More Money
Not only does adding gamifying elements into your fundraising campaign invigorate your peer-to-peer fundraisers, it encourages them to spread the word about your mission and incentivizes them to raise more money for your campaign. If you make fundraising fun, people will likely increase their activism. Even better, they’ll persuade the people in their community to do the same — doubling or even tripling their impact.
Whether you’re encouraging your supporters to raise money for your upcoming year-end fundraising campaign or a specific fundraising event, one of the most important things to do is to create fundraising goals. Keep in mind that these goals should be realistic and attainable — you don’t want to set your fundraisers up for failure. You can either establish one general fundraising goal or you can gamify fundraising by creating goal tiers and rewarding fundraisers when they reach each threshold (more on how to reward peer-to-peer fundraisers below).
Provide Supporters With the Tools to Fundraise
With a GiveSignup | RunSignup ticket event website or donation website, you also have the option of allowing your supporters to create their own fundraising campaigns that can be displayed on the website. With free and unlimited access to fundraising campaigns, we also give you:
- Extensive customization options for fundraising campaigns. You can customize fundraising campaigns associated with your nonprofit. With the power to add your own custom messaging and unique donation goals, as well as control over branding, your peer-to-peer fundraisers will be able to create custom fundraising campaigns that match the look and feel of your website almost effortlessly. Plus, fundraising campaign pages automatically apply your nonprofit’s branding and feature clear “Feature” and “Donate” calls to action.
- Free Facebook Fundraiser integration. According to our data, 48.7% of fundraisers reached their goal when Facebook Fundraising was enabled, compared to 29.7% who reached their goal with a GiveSignup | RunSignup fundraiser alone. One of the biggest challenges many nonprofits face with the technology is that the Facebook Fundraising integration can be overly complicated. It could take days for their Facebook Fundraiser to get approved by their services. GiveSignup | RunSignup simplifies the process so that as long as nonprofits have a Facebook page approved for payments, they can be approved the same day.
- Data and analytics about fundraising campaigns. When your supporters create a fundraising campaign on GiveSignup | RunSignup, your nonprofit gets important data on fundraising campaigns — giving you deep insight into fundraiser performance.
Reward Activism With Key Incentives
If your nonprofit is hosting a year-end fundraising event, GiveSignup | RunSignup offers ways to incentivize your event registrants to become peer-to-peer fundraisers:
- Referral rewards. Our referral rewards program allows nonprofits to give supporters money back if they hit a certain referral threshold (e.g., $20 back for getting five people registered for the event).
- Fundraiser refunds. For your upcoming fundraising event, you can award fundraiser refunds once event registrants hit a certain fundraising threshold — a dollar amount up to what they paid for event registration.
- Team refunds. We also automate discounts for anyone on a team that hits a certain size, further encouraging fundraisers to join teams. For example, let’s say regular registration for your fundraising event is $39. To promote team fundraisers, your nonprofit is offering a $5 discount for members of groups of more than five. With our automated discounts, the first four registrants pay $39; the fifth registrant (and everyone after) pays $34, and the initial four members are refunded $5.
Encourages Camaraderie Among People Within Your Community
Among the many perks of gamification, like creating a better event experience and encouraging peer-to-peer fundraising, it also creates a better, stronger community for your supporters. When you bring people together through an engaging experience and have them work together to achieve a common goal, you are building camaraderie and relationships.
While your peer-to-peer fundraisers are working competitively against one another to raise the most — because of the common goal of social good — they are still cheering each other on and encouraging each other to achieve their goals. And the best part is that they are building lasting relationships with one another — especially if they are mega supporters of your nonprofit, they’ll reunite at future community events.
By creating an interactive website that serves as a home base for your ticket event or campaign, your supporters and peer-to-peer fundraisers are able to stay connected with the community in a way that’s super accessible and user-friendly. The best part is that it doesn’t take a web design expert to create an effective website that meets the needs of your ticket events and campaigns. With our simple website builder that is equipped with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop tool, you can create unlimited pages and menus with custom content sections, like images, videos, playlists, call-to-action buttons, and so much more.
Our nonprofits at GiveSignup | RunSignup have gamified the fundraising experience by adding website features, like leaderboards to show fundraiser progress, top fundraisers, a donation thermometer, etc. By adding these key features, our nonprofits are engaging participants in a unique way, giving them a memorable experience and motivating them to remain active with the organization.
A leaderboard on your website shares who is raising the most for the event. Or if your event is performance-based, a leaderboard promotes a little competition by sharing who is performing the best (e.g., miles run in the shortest time). As an example, check out leaderboard results of this year’s Totowa Turkey Trot 5K Challenge.
Builds Rapport With Your Super Supporters
As you create more impact within your community, you’ll find those who take their support a step further than just donating to your campaign or signing up for a local event. Your biggest supporters will be your most loyal advocates — sharing the word about your mission, taking a role in your fundraising events, and fundraising on behalf of your organization.
By giving these super supporters, who already connect with your mission, unique, gamified experiences, you’re further encouraging their support and participation within your organization.
As a way to further gamify the experience for these super supporters who are also peer-to-peer fundraisers, GiveSignup | RunSignup allows you to award fundraisers with milestones and badges. A milestone for both fundraisers and event participants can be getting halfway to their goal (e.g., raising $500 or running five miles). GiveSignup | RunSignup also offers customizable milestones and badges for virtual challenges that allow nonprofits to track their participant progress. Badges are awarded to your fundraisers for reaching milestones, which can be displayed in an achievements showcase on the fundraiser’s fundraising page within GiveSignup’s fundraising campaigns. Plus, before badges are earned, fundraisers can view upcoming badges that they can achieve — giving them an extra incentive to hit those milestones.
In addition to giving participants badges for each milestone achieved, nonprofits can even award them milestone certificates. For fundraisers, we offer nonprofits the ability to celebrate milestones with confetti notifications every time a participant hits a fundraising milestone.
Generates Excitement for Future Fundraising Initiatives
With these gamification tactics in your backpocket, your nonprofit is ready to give its supporters a fundraising experience they’ll never forget this year-end. And once year-end concludes, you’ll have made a significant and positive impression on your supporters and peer-to-peer fundraisers, getting them excited about more fundraising opportunities in 2022! But don’t forget that you’ll still have to put in the hard work in the new year to stay relevant and top of mind.
GiveSignup | RunSignup gives you access to our next-generation email marketing tool that you can use to send from your ticket events, donation forms, and donation websites. With a free email tool that you can use to send unlimited emails to unlimited custom lists of supporters, plus the ability to schedule emails to send at a later date, it’s now easier than ever to organize and streamline communications with your supporters.
At minimum, your organization should be sending monthly emails to its supporters. Remember that while asking for money is important for your mission, your supporters will appreciate diversity in your communications — donation appeals, impact reports about your organization’s work on the field, individual stories about the people or animals you serve, news about upcoming events and campaigns, important statistics about your mission, etc.
For your year-end fundraising campaign, GiveSignup | RunSignup’s purpose-built technology can help elevate your fundraising with a next-generation email marketing platform, along with access to free tools to build simple and easy-to-use donation forms, websites, and fundraising campaigns. Click here to learn more.