We’ve had milestones and badges for peer-to-peer fundraising events using GiveSignup | RunSignup’s registration platform for many years. Today, we rolled out redesigned milestones and badges that feature a modern design for fundraising pages and a new interface to add achievements from your dashboard. This makes fundraising pages even more engaging, adding value to your touchpoints with fundraisers and keeping them incentivized throughout the fundraising process.
Some of the big updates include:
- New Achievements display on fundraising pages that features badges earned, as well as a preview of badges that can be achieved next.
- Default badges that showcase the amount raised for each milestone, as well as your custom label, with several design options to choose from.
- Upload custom badges instead of using our default options to tie badges to your nonprofit’s mission or fundraising event theme.
- Add multiple milestones in minutes with our simple and intuitive dashboard interface.
This is just the beginning. Right now, you can add badges and milestones for amount raised. Over the coming months, we will continue to add additional milestone types, like number of donors, team captain, team member, Facebook Fundraiser enabled, and more so that you can reward fundraisers for achieving an array of fundraiser milestones. We will also add a trophy case, which we initially released for Virtual Challenge Fundraising Campaigns. The new interface for milestones and badges will also be added to team fundraisers, along with milestones specific to teams, such as number of team members.
If your peer-to-peer fundraising event already had milestones and badges set up, they’ve been automatically upgraded to the new style. If you were previously using default stars, they have been automatically upgraded to a default badge that features your existing milestone label and amount raised.
If you are a new customer or have not previously used milestones and badges for your fundraising, navigate to Fundraising >> Individual Fundraisers >> Fundraiser Rewards. Click Add Milestone to get started.
There are a few simple fields to fill out:
- Select a milestone type. Currently this is only amount raised, but we will add the additional options mentioned above over time.
- Add a milestone label. This will display when hovering over the badge from the milestone page and could be motivational (Keep Fundraising), congratulatory (Fundraising Superstar), or tied to your mission (10 Meals Funded).
- Enter an amount raised. This is the amount a fundraiser needs to raise in order to earn the badge. You can stack multiple milestones and badges to award for different amounts raised.
- Choose or upload a badge. Our default designs will reflect the value that you entered in amount raised. You can also upload your own badge design. We recommend using an image size of 200px by 200px. Try Canva if you are looking for a free way to design your badges!
Click Save once you have added your milestones and badges. You can come back to add more, edit, or delete at any time.
GiveSignup | RunSignup is focused on adding more free tools to help nonprofits raise more through peer-to-peer fundraising events. Milestones and badges are a powerful way to gamify fundraising, incentivize fundraisers to raise more, and expand the number of touchpoints that you have with your supporters.