- Have experience and passion for working with nonprofits?
- Love working with the latest and greatest technology?
- Want to bring technology solutions to thousands of nonprofits?
- Want to work with a dynamic, cutting-edge company that uses innovative technology to make a difference in the endurance and nonprofit market?
In 2019, we launched a new division of RunSignup, GiveSignup, to expand into the adjacent nonprofit technology market with a purpose-built ticketing platform for nonprofits, donation websites, and fundraising campaigns. In 2021, we closed our Series A funding round to accelerate GiveSignup’s growth. With this injection of funding, we are looking for a Creative Director to join our team and lead the conception, execution, and implementation of the GiveSignup | RunSignup brand across the organization. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for design, a brain for strategy, a passion for storytelling and craftsmanship, and experience working within a high growth, modern marketing team.
As Creative Director, you will lead the storytelling of our brand to the existing base of 9,000 nonprofit customers, as well as new prospect nonprofit customers. You will serve as the Vice President of Marketing’s right hand, working cross functionally with the Marketing, Product, UX/UI, Sales and Account Management teams in an effort to help scale the marketing org. You will be responsible for developing engaging collateral for our clients that tells a compelling story and elicits an emotional response from readers.
This is a full-time position based in the Washington, DC area, Philadelphia, Richmond, or remote. This role requires knowledge of building and scaling brand identity, masterful storytelling, professionalism, perseverance, and strong communication skills. This is a great opportunity for a talented and passionate individual who wants to work in a tech savvy, high growth, modern marketing team in the endurance and nonprofit industry.
Our guiding principles are to have equal parts of Work, Learn, Fun, and Team. We believe customers, employees, and owners all share equally in the responsibility and success of the company.
In your role with GiveSignup | RunSignup, you will:
- Champion the brand through the development, maintenance, and compliance of brand standard guidelines
- Lead the development of visual concepts for strategic initiatives and campaigns from creative brief to launch
- Lead art direction, illustration, & copywriting production for various creative projects, both print and digital, to help support demand gen efforts
- Write and design unique, well-crafted copy that meets the needs of clients and the organization
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, and provide feedback to the team
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
- Maintain and organize repository of creative files and brand assets
- Continuously learn about our registration, ticketing, and fundraising platform and other GiveSignup | RunSignup products as they evolve, as well as the nonprofit and endurance technology market
Some of the key attributes we are looking for (we will look for the best mix):
- Proven experience as a senior designer or creative director at a software-as-a-service (SaaS) high growth company or comparable creative experience
- Hands-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design, and brand development
- Excellent working knowledge of design and marketing software, such as: Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Marketo, WordPress, and Canva
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Outstanding leadership and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills: must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- BSc/BA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered an asset
- Ability to quickly learn or understand new technology
- Nonprofit roots and enthusiasm for an active lifestyle
- High energy, hands-on, team player who is passionate about the nonprofit industry
Compensation for our Creative Director is comprised of a combination of a base salary plus an annual performance-based bonus. In addition to salary and bonuses, health insurance is company paid and includes a $2,000 HSA contribution by the company each year. GiveSignup | RunSignup has a competitive paid leave policy, paid long term disability insurance, an employee stock option program and a Simple IRA with up to 3% of an employee’s compensation as a matching contribution. In addition, all GiveSignup | RunSignup employees are owners via a grant of options that vest over a period of four years.
GiveSignup | RunSignup is the leading all-in-one platform for endurance and fundraising events. More than 22,000 events, including over 9,000 nonprofits, use the GiveSignup | RunSignup free and integrated registration, nonprofit ticketing & fundraising solutions to save time, grow events, and raise more money for their organizations.
If you consider yourself a motivated, competitive self-starter, who understands technology, sales, and the nonprofit community and wants to join our dynamic, fun, growing company; GiveSignup | RunSignup is the opportunity for you. If you would like to apply please send a resume to Charnele@runsignup.com. Due to the high volume of interest, we will only be able to respond to highly qualified candidates.