We are looking for a senior leader to help us continue our expansion in the endurance market, and to help us reach more nonprofits with the technology we have to help them grow their fundraising events and programs.
We recently took a Series A round of funding. The new VP of Marketing will help us achieve the following goals:
- Enhance and implement effective initiatives across all stages of our marketing funnel
- Introduce the 8,000 nonprofits who use RunSignup today to our GiveSignup offerings
- Establish GiveSignup as the technology leader in nonprofit fundraising and events
- Create a cohesive strategy and messaging platform for the two distinct, yet overlapping, brands of RunSignup and GiveSignup
We have a wonderful base to start with:
- 25-30% market share in endurance events – 21,000 races used RunSignup in 2019 to sign up over 6 Million participants
- 8,000 nonprofit customers using us for endurance events
- Happy customers (2% churn)
- Leadership and differentiated technology
The goal is to continue to expand the base of customers using our technology over the next 12 months, but to also put in place the systems and processes that will allow us to scale significantly in 2022 when we do a large round of funding to propel GiveSignup to the next level.
The new VP of marketing will report to the CEO, Bob Bickel, and be part of the senior leadership team of the company. We have two long time marketing professionals, Johanna Goode and Shelly Harris as part of the marketing team. In addition, the VP of Marketing will work closely with Bryan Jenkins, the head of sales and Allison Bickel, the head of GiveSignup.
Here are the key attributes we are looking for:
- Extensive Marketing experience especially in demand generation and brand building
- Experience in building out Marketing and Sales Funnel
- Experience in SaaS, payments, long tail B2b
- Experience in expanding net revenue retention via cross selling
- Previous leadership role experience, preferably as a VP Marketing or CMO
- Gets stuff done rather than just talk about stuff
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a high volume environment
- VC or PE backed company experience
- Command of marketing processes, automation tools, and tactics to execute a strategy across a mix of products and services
- Demonstrated ability to use data systematically to develop relevant insights and influence decision making
- Nonprofit and Running/endurance enthusiasm and experience
- Ability to listen to what customers need and provide solutions based on their needs
- High energy, hands-on, ability to complete full lifecycle of customer acquisition and develop a strategy to optimize LTV
- Nimble and excited to work in a growing company with shifting responsibilities
- Thirst for learning
- Team player who acts with personal integrity and treats others with respect
- Desire to mentor and strengthen the entire team
Here is a high level diagram of how we view our funnel strategy:
Here is some useful background information:
- RunSignUp 2019 Year in Review
- GiveSignup – Our Shot
- Market Analysis
- Technology During a Pandemic
- RunSignUp History Timeline
- RunSignUp Philosophy over the years
A full job description can be found here.
If you have an interest in learning more and feel you might be a fit, please contact bob.bickel at runsignup.com.