Nonprofits can raise more and save money with GiveSignup’s new standalone fundraising campaigns, creating unlimited peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns that are not attached to an event or run/walk/ride. Like all GiveSignup features, fundraising campaigns are free.
Some of the key features of fundraising campaigns to help your nonprofit raise more include:
- Unlimited Campaigns: Create an unlimited number of campaigns that are elegantly displayed on your donation website.
- Free Facebook Fundraiser Integration: Empower your fundraisers to be successful with the Free Facebook Fundraiser integration. Simply enter your nonprofit’s Facebook page URL to immediately enable your fundraisers to create a connected Facebook Fundraiser to reach more donors and raise more money.
- Customize each Fundraising Campaign: Add custom messaging, unique donation goals, and branding to every fundraising campaign. Your campaign page automatically applies your nonprofit’s branding and features clear calls to action to Fundraise and Donate.
- Reporting: When your supporters create a campaign on GiveSignup, your nonprofit gets campaign and fundraiser reporting. That means you get valuable fundraiser data plus the reach of free Facebook Fundraising when you create campaigns on GiveSignup.
How to Create Fundraising Campaigns
To get started creating one or multiple fundraising campaigns, create a Donation Website.
After enabling donations and customizing your donation website, navigate to Donation Campaigns >> Donation Campaign Setup on your Donation Website Dashboard. Click Create a Campaign to get started.
First, you will enter basic information about your fundraising campaign:
- Campaign name
- Start date and an optional end date
- Campaign URL: This will automatically populate with your campaign name. If you have added a domain or subdomain to your donation website, the URL will reflect that custom domain rather than givesignup.org/donationwebsite/…
Messaging is automatically inherited from your donation website.
You can uncheck this setting to expand and add custom messaging for the campaign. This is the content that will show on your campaign’s main page.
Next, enable Fundraiser Options. You can either allow supporters to set their own end dates for their fundraisers, or you can set the number of days that a fundraiser is open from the date that it is set up (for example, 30 days for a birthday fundraiser).
Fundraising teams are not currently available, but they are coming soon!
The Logo upload lets you customize the image that is displayed for each campaign.
Once you have finished enabling your basic campaign settings, click Save at the top of the page.
You will see a success message that your campaign has been saved. You can view the website for your campaign by clicking the URL. Click the Edit icon in the far right to update any of the settings you enabled above.
Supporters can easily create a fundraising page:
After creating a fundraising page, there is an easy Manage Fundraiser link so that fundraisers can update their page at any time.
You can add more customization by clicking the orange buttons to edit settings, including:
- Display Settings: Add a Campaign Goal, edit the display of the goal and donors, and add offline donation instructions.
- Personal Info Requirements: Select the data that you want to collect from donors when they make a donation.
- Attribution Settings: Add or edit dedication options and allow donors to designate where their donation is used.
- Donation Levels: Add multiple donation levels that donors can easily select (they can also add a custom donation amount).
What’s Coming Next?
We have a lot of features that will be released over the coming weeks and months to add more power to GiveSignup’s fundraising campaigns. Here is a sneak peek at some of the upcoming features:
- Fundraising teams
- Fundraiser default options
- Social share options that are customizable per campaign
- Fundraiser slideshows
- Milestones and notifications
- More reporting functionality, including data exports and more search features
- Fundraising Websites