- Have experience working with and a passion for nonprofits?
- Love working with the latest and greatest technology?
- Want to bring technology solutions to thousands of nonprofits?
- Want to work with a dynamic and cutting-edge tech company that’s using the art of technology to make a difference in the endurance and nonprofit market?
In 2019, we launched a new division of RunSignup, GiveSignup, to expand into the adjacent nonprofit technology market with a ticketing platform built for nonprofits, donation websites, and fundraising campaigns. You will be responsible for growing the volume of donations and number of GiveSignup ticket events set up on our platform. The ideal candidate has experience working in inside sales in a high volume, fast paced environment selling cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) applications or similar services.
You will be an “overlay sales rep” and will tap into our existing base of 8,000 nonprofit customers, as well as prospect new nonprofit customers. As an overlay sales rep, you will collaborate with the RunSignup sales and account manager teams to help customers in a cooperative manner.
COVID-19 has impacted our business, and you can learn more about our internal response here. Despite the challenges, the pandemic has given us an accelerated opportunity to grow GiveSignup and capture market share. There are 2 main drivers:
- Nonprofits need to raise money now. To complement our extensive virtual event technology, we quickly pivoted to build an all-in-one virtual challenge platform that gives nonprofits a real solution to raise money and engage supporters now. Nonprofits of all sizes, from American Cancer Society to small organizations, are using our new technology in creative ways.
- Nonprofits need to save money. Nonprofits are looking to save money by cutting expensive subscription software. GiveSignup’s free and open platform (no subscriptions, no monthly fees, no exclusive contracts, open API) with transparent transaction pricing is accelerating our opportunity to capture market share.
Our current customer base of 8,000 nonprofits has used RunSignup as an all-in-one registration, donation, and fundraising solution for their charity runs, walks and rides to raise more and save time. As an overlay sales rep, you will mine our existing database of nonprofits with two goals:
- Short-term: Get nonprofits to go virtual to raise money now – whether that’s converting an annual in-person event to a virtual event or creating a new challenge.
- Long-term: Get nonprofits to bring over their ticketed events, donations, and fundraising campaigns to save money and raise money.
You will also prospect new opportunities. These will be a mix of inbound and outbound.
More Information about Ticket Events
In normal times, nonprofits hold other fundraising events like golf outings, galas, pancake breakfasts, and comedy nights. Currently, many use a generic ticket system like Eventbrite. However, generic ticket platforms do not help nonprofits to collect donations, grow their events, integrate fundraising campaigns, or promote their mission.
Unlike these generic ticketing platforms, GiveSignup is built for nonprofits and has the features to help nonprofits raise more and save time, including integrated donations, donation discounts, and connected fundraising campaigns. You can watch this video of our nonprofit ticket platform to get a high-level overview of our product’s functionality.
This is a full time inside sales position based in the Philadelphia area from our Moorestown, NJ office. While it will start as a partially or fully remote position, the ideal candidate will be based in or be able to relocate to Philadelphia or Richmond for the long term. This role requires professionalism, perseverance, and good follow up and communication skills. This is a great opportunity for a talented and passionate individual who wants to work in a tech savvy, highly effective sales environment in the endurance and nonprofit industry.
Our guiding principles are to have equal parts of Work, Learn, Fun, and Team. We believe customers, employees, and owners all share equally in the responsibility and success of the company.
In your role with RunSignup, you will:
- Make at least 100 calls per week with prospects and existing customers
- Develop and be responsible for your monthly quota in terms of calls made, onboarded events, and tickets sold
- Lead demos with prospective clients
- Research, identify, and drive outbound prospecting by mining our internal customer database and external online resources, expanding existing partner relationships, attending trade shows, and identifying other channels
- Work with existing customers and partners in an inside sales environment to communicate new GiveSignup features, help increase participation at their events, and maximize donations and fundraising.
- Collaborate closely with RunSignup sales reps and RunSignup/GiveSignup account managers
- Log information and utilize our internal CRM to track calls, conversations, and follow-ups, as well as use templates and messaging (we use Zoho)
- Continuously learn about our ticketing platform and other GiveSignup products as they evolve, as well as the nonprofit technology market
Some of the key attributes we are looking for (we will look for the best mix):
- Experience with inside sales, software-as-a-service (SaaS) sales, or other comparable sales experience
- Ability to listen to what customers need and provide solutions based on their needs
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks efficiently in a high volume environment
- Ability to maintain high levels of call and email activity communicating with prospects, existing customers and partners
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using CRM
- Ability to quickly learn or understand new technology
- Nonprofit roots and enthusiasm for an active lifestyle
- High energy, hands-on, team player who is passionate about the nonprofit industry
Compensation for our sales representatives is based on “On Target Earnings” – a combination of a base salary plus a competitive commission program. In addition to salary and bonuses, health insurance is company paid and includes a $2,000 HSA contribution by the company each year. RunSignup has a competitive paid leave policy, paid long term disability insurance, an employee stock option program and a Simple IRA with up to 3% of an employee’s compensation as a matching contribution. In addition, all RunSignup employees are owners via a grant of options that vest over a period of four years.
RunSignup is the leading all-in-one platform for endurance and fundraising events. More than 21,000 races, including over 8,000 nonprofits, use RunSignup’s and GiveSignup’s free and integrated registration, nonprofit ticketing & fundraising solutions to save time, grow events, and raise more money for their races and nonprofits.
If you consider yourself a motivated, competitive self-starter, who understands technology, sales, and the nonprofit community and wants to join our dynamic, fun, growing company; GiveSignup is the opportunity for you. If you would like to apply please send a resume to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of interest, we will only be able to respond to highly qualified candidates.