More than 8,000 nonprofits use RunSignup to raise more and save time. This webinar reviewed the different ways that fundraising events set up registration, donations, and fundraising on RunSignup, and covered the best settings and tools to grow donations and incentivize fundraisers.
There are more donation and fundraising tools than ever before, and this webinar shared some of our 2019 releases that are helping nonprofits raise more and save time:
New Donation and Fundraising UX
To make it easy for customers to set up and manage their donations, fundraising, and charity partners, we released a major UX update to the Race Dashboard that organizes your donation, fundraising, and charity partner settings into distinct menu items with easy-to-manage tiles that you can simply click to edit and update. The functionality is the same (we didn’t deprecate any features) – we just cleaned it up!
To find details on the settings within the new donation and fundraising menus, check out these blogs:
- Donations: https://runsignup.blog/2019/12/18/donations-setup/
- Individual Fundraisers: https://runsignup.blog/2019/12/19/fundraising-individual-fundraisers/
- Team Fundraisers: https://runsignup.blog/2020/01/07/fundraising-team-fundraisers/
New Fundraising Pages
RunSignup’s new fundraising page design empowers your fundraisers to tell a story and get donations with images, words, and clear Calls to Action.
Some of the highlights include:
- Fundraiser slideshow with the ability to add one or multiple images that display as a rotating slideshow
- Easy to upload profile and slideshow pictures:
- Custom story heading
- Fundraiser description/story
- Facebook Fundraiser status, and the ability to create a connected fundraiser if not done at the time of registration
- Prominent social share options
- Clear Call-to-Actions
- Team and Charity displayed and linked
- Fundraiser has control with easy-to-use Manage options, that enable them to update their page, view donations, and email their supporters.
RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser Integration
RunSignup announced our free Facebook Fundraiser integration in July 2019. The integration allows your fundraisers to auto-create a Facebook Fundraiser from RunSignup. The amounts raised on RunSignup and Facebook are automatically synced, enabling your participants (and your nonprofit) to raise more and reach fundraising goals faster.
It’s already clear from our data that the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser Integration empowers fundraisers to raise more and reach new donors compared to only having a fundraising page on RunSignup. To get a better sense of the impact that RunSignup’s free Facebook Fundraiser is having for fundraisers, we looked at a sample of 20 races using the RunSignup – Facebook Fundraiser Integration. The impact of a connected Facebook Fundraiser is significant:
- On average, connected fundraisers raise $490.26 more than unconnected fundraisers.
- Connected fundraisers receive 9.74 more donations than unconnected fundraisers.
- Fifty-six percent of connected fundraisers reached their personal fundraising goal, compared to just 25.7% of unconnected fundraisers who reached their personal fundraising goals.
Point and click templates make it simple to create a beautiful mobile responsive, SEO-optimized, and data-driven website that’s branded for your event(s).
Some of the key features of cover pages include:
- Header images that can be static or on a rotating carousel
- Call to Action buttons that can drive traffic to common places on your RunSignup website (like Donate, Volunteer, Register), or can link to custom links and actions.
- Videos with an aesthetically pleasing cover image and a video activation button
- Flexible layouts with infinite content sections and full or split-screen display options that feature sticky Sign Up and Donate buttons, and that are always mobile-responsive
- Live data components like Top Fundraiser Leaderboards and countdown clocks that are dynamic and easy to add
Want to learn more about how to build a cover page? Check out the following resources:
- How-to guide: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000090536-cover-pages
- Blog: https://runsignup.blog/2019/06/04/cover-pages/
- Webinar: https://runsignup.blog/2019/06/05/icymi-cover-pages-webinar/
Free Domains and Subdomains
Adding a custom domain or subdomain elevates your branding so that customers see your nonprofit or race’s name (https://mynonprofit.org or https://register.mynonprofit.org) instead of https://runsignup.com/mynonprofit.
Adding a custom URL to the race website has several specific advantages:
- A branded URL like “YourDomain.com” instead of the old “RunSignup.YourDomain.com”
- Free SSL Certificate
- The ability to setup subdomains to reinforce a primary brand or tie together multiple events
- Secure registration and payment processing without ever leaving your website
It’s more important than ever to have a secure website, and you can verify your website’s security by clicking to the left of your URL. Many nonprofits do not have secure websites, which means your donor’s credit card information is at risk:
RunSignup provides free SSL certificates so that your website (and your supporters’ transactions) are always secure (https://www.woodlandsmarathon.com/):
You can find documentation on how to add a custom domain or subdomain here:
- Blog: https://runsignup.blog/2019/04/17/domain-support-on-runsignup/
- Domain How-to Guide: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000088624-make-your-own-domain-point-to-your-race-website
- Subdomain How-to Guide: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000088625-make-your-own-domain-point-to-your-race-website-setting-up-a-subdomain
Turn your participants into supporters and advocates with the leading all-in-one technology for non-profit endurance events. RunSignup powers your fundraising, donations, and charity partner(s). Registration with integrated donations, fundraising, and teams makes it easy to sign up and fundraise in one registration path.