Introducing Cover Pages for Ticket Events
With GiveSignup’s free ticket event websites, any nonprofit can create real websites for all of their ticket events with a custom domain or subdomain, built-in security, mobile responsiveness, SEO optimization, and integrated event information. Cover pages take branding to the next level, with an easy point-and-click builder that allows a nonprofit to create unique and beautiful websites for each event.
The sales tax puzzle faced by nonprofits is extremely complex. While nonprofits are generally tax-exempt, they may still be responsible for collecting and paying sales tax on race registration fees, merchandise, memberships, and tickets (Note: Selling is different than a buyers exemption). The RunSignup/GiveSignup sales tax system makes it simple for nonprofits to be in compliance with sales tax laws.
Here is a list of resources to learn more about RunSignup/GiveSignup’s sales tax solution, and so that you can ensure your nonprofit is in compliance with your state’s sales tax laws.
- Sales Tax Policies: As we roll out the new Sales Tax System, this is an overview of policies that we are implementing.
- Taxability Matrix: This matrix shows a high-level view of the potentially applicable sales tax rules by state.
- Sales Tax Exemptions for Nonprofits: Many states offer nonprofits a sales tax exemption on event fees and sometimes merchandise sales. (Note: Selling is different than a buyers exemption).
- Detailed Technical Implementation
- Sales Tax Webinar
- Sales Tax Taxability Address: Taxability address determines the tax rules that apply to both for-profit and nonprofit entities. Note that this is needed for all run/walk/rides, even if the run/walk/ride is a nonprofit.
Schedule and Send Pre-Event Reminders and Thank You Emails
Sending a reminder to your attendees, ensuring that they have their ticket purchase QR code for a fast check-in with GiveSignup’s Ticket Event CheckIn App, communicating event details, and thanking supporters for attending is simple with Event Communication Notifications. Learn More.
Multiple Donation Dedication Settings for Runs/Walks/Rides
You can now add multiple dedication settings to your run/walk/ride donation page, such as “in honor of”, “in support of”, “on behalf of”, etc. This gives donors more flexibility for how they can dedicate their donation when they donate to your cause. Learn More.
Donation Websites: CSV Upload for Offline Donations
It’s simple to upload a CSV file of offline donations to any donation website. This makes it efficient to enter a large number of offline donations so that your data is in one place. Learn More.