Did you miss the webinar on how to create a ticket event, or do you want a review? Here is a summary, the recording, and some additional resources from today’s webinar on how to create a ticket event.
Creating your Ticket Event: The Ticket Wizard
You can create a new ticket event by going to https://www.givesignup.org/TicketEvent/New. This link takes you into the Ticket Event Wizard.
Wizard Step 1 (Basic Info): Enter your event name, description, contact information, links, location information, event visibility, and create your event URL identifier. For a detailed breakdown of this step, check out our support article here.
Wizard Step 2 (Ticket Groups): Set up ticket groups and ticket levels. To learn more, read this article on ticket groups and levels.
Wizard Step 3 (Purchase): Set up pricing and purchase periods, personal information collection and/or per-ticket information collection, ticket level caps, and waiver settings. You can read detailed instructions for each of these here.
Wizard Step 4 (Payment): Choose how the processing fee is paid, select a payment account, customize the Vantiv dynamic descriptor. Read more here.
Wizard Step 5 (Finish): Select one of the following: Customize Now or View Event Website.
Customize Your Event
Under Event>>Event Page>>Event Theme, you should…
- Select color scheme
- Upload logo
- Upload/select banner image (must be 1200×400 px)
- Add social links
- Add custom wording
Under the Secure Access tab, you can add event directors. The Notifications tab allows you to view and customize notifications. Under Promotions>>Social Sharing, you can add images that will appear on social media if registrants share your event after buying tickets.
Setting Up Store Items
We have an all-new store for ticket events. Under the Store tab, you can set up your first store item. After you’ve filled out all the basic information for that item, you will be able to add an image and description, quantities, and variant pricing. This article contains detailed instructions for setting up the Store.
Many nonprofits want to collect donations as part of their events. Under the Donations tab, you can enable donations. Add your payment account, choose whether you’d like to allow recurring donations, add messaging and a logo or image. Then go through our advanced options to add tax information, attributions, and indicate what personal information you would like to collect from donors. You can read about donations in detail here.
These are some best practices for setting up ticket events. Of course, every event is different and many need unique solutions, but these tips can help with configuring your event for the first time.
- Create your ticket groups as different parts of the event (such as dates or activities).
- Create your ticket levels as the layer below that, for options such as times or different pricing setups like adult/child.
- There is no “giveaway” feature on GiveSignup, because you are able to use our flexible store setup options to create a $0 item that is required. (You can even make it required for some ticket levels or groups and not others).
- When turning on donations, make sure you go through the Advanced Options to fully customize your donation page. The tax-deductible information is especially important!
- Use the quick-buy option (found on step 3 of the wizard) only if you have a relatively small number of ticket groups and levels. If you have a large amount of clickable options, it can be overwhelming for the user.
You can read more about ticket events and keep up with new developments on our blog at givesignup.blog.